Ever wondered how do some websites have a Jack, Sally or June at your service; even if you log on to the site at 2am? Well these aren’t real people but chat bots. The new age customer service rep that never sleeps. Let’s start with a quick definition of what chatbots are and how are they different from human assistance representatives.
To begin with, chatbots are artificial intelligence based software programs with an inbuilt ability to interact with human beings, over messenger apps and websites. Secondly, they are lifeless elements that grow smarter with each customer interaction, a process called machine learning. The more data they collect, the more customized solution are they able to offer to you as a customer.
Early uses for chatbots were typically for the day-to-day purpose of automated responders for customers logging onto the website out of service hours. However, businesses today have realized the potential and tremendous opportunities these software programs hold. Tech driven companies are now investing heavily on building super smart chatbots that deliver personalized content based on individual customer behavior with the same website. With technology taking precedence in all fields, chatbots are making intelligent conversations with customers. Here are some reasons, on why chatbots are so popular: –
- Are accessible and easy to interact with on any device.
- Do not require users to download a new app
- Mature on the concept of machine learning, i.e. the more they talk to real customers the more knowledgeable they become and the more personalized conversations they offer
- Are text-based, self-serviced programs available 24x7x365
- Can converse with customers at a personal level for their specific needs
- Insights derived from chatbots can be a powerful tool for community building.
In conclusion, in a world where customer is the king, companies are going out of the way to offer personalized services to their loyal customers and chatbots are here to stay & redefine the way companies interact with their customers. Are you ready to redefine your customer service in 2017?